- I finished my Egypt mythology book!!! Yes, isn’t it exciting! I even wrote an essay on it, albeit a very confused one because I was trying to cram all of the things I found interesting into a tiny little essay without turning it into a 500 page thesis or something. Here’s the opening paragraph.
“The waters of the Ancient Egyptian mind are murky and uncertain regions to traverse. Even in today’s world of the internet and seemingly endless knowledge where we think we know it all, much of the Ancient Egyptian world and it’s thoughts still remain shrouded behind the curtain of the Nile, lost deep within it’s dark waters and muddied banks. Plunderers, grave robbers, and even the Egyptian people themselves caused damaged that has lead to a deficit in our understanding of their ancient world. But the biggest culprit? Time. It is the age of Egypt that bars our way most strongly, that has caused much of it’s old world to be, almost literally, lost to the sands of time.”
- My next culture to study? The Irish!!! I have to tell you that I’m super excited about this one too, possibly even more excited then I was about Egypt. Though I am a little concerned about the size of this Irish book. It’s over 600 pages long. Mildly concerned that it might crush me by accident.
- On the subject of books, I finished “A Gathering of Shadows” and I loved it!!!
- Oh, and “The Bell Jar”? It was definitely one heck of a book. I can’t say too much without running the story for you ( and I HATE that ), so just go read it. Like, right about now.
- I have a new plant. What does this mean, you wonder? Well my Johny-Jump-Up died, sadly. The one I had sitting in a little glass container on my windowsill. It was’t going to last forever, and after it seeded, it was gone. But I have now planted some of my very own bachelor’s buttons in the glass container, and they are doing great! I am questioning that decision now though, because they are a tall plant. A very tall plant. In a little container. On my windowsill. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
- I drew this little guy! How cute is he?! I just love him. My little bitty ghost, looking a bit unsure of things, probably slightly concerned with the sanity of the person who drew him ( at least I would be, if I were him, and, you know, if he were actually alive but shhh ).
- Oh and this. I drew this. I’m just gonna’ leave it right there.
- Yoga has become a regular ( -ish ) part of my weeks and it has done me a ton of good. I basically do hours of walking and lifting heavy things where I work and I have to admit that I am a small person, so this does not exactly make my little back feel good. But yoga does. It also helps me relax, because I get kind of stressed about time a lot. Turns out, I’m not actually as flexible as I thought I was! But that’s getting better too. I haven’t managed to rip anything important yet so I’m counting that as a win.
- I have also a) been continuing with my editing b) been super busy with school and work and responsibility ( ick ) which is the main reason I disappeared into the unknowable void that is my room and c) been working on starting a new book focused blog but never fear! I have plans to move to WordPress ( shhh, don’t tell Google ) and I believe I can have multiple sections, so to speak, under one blag name, which means the main part of my blog will be for books, and on the side I can still do some journal blogging just like I do here. I’ll keep you posted on this. Like, literally posted. Because that’s what these are, you know. Blog posts. Anyways.